Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Catch...up


The first item of business on my new blog is to update everyone on everything Linnell. Some time in May, Eric and I made the decision to move to Illinois after my position ended in June. I was really discouraged that I wasn’t able to find anything full-time and the fact that my position at Cedarville was ending was kind of depressing. I was in a pit...a big, huge stinking pit. We didn’t really make the move known even though it wasn’t really a secret. I personally just didn’t want to answer all the questions. Do you guys have jobs? Do you have a place to live? What are you guys going to do? In case you are wondering the answers, the answer is a big fact NO. No, we did not have jobs or a place to live and I had no idea what we were going to do. But I can honestly say that it was the right decision to make.

The first week of July is when we made the big move and it was no easy feat. I officially hate moving. I have moved three times in the less than three years and I am ready to be done with it all. Unfortunately since we moved in with my parents, we have a least one move left. We moved in during the worst possible time. My parents were remodeling the downstairs bathroom and kitchen floor. Talk about crowded.

Even though we had no idea what we were going to do, we appreciated the time we had together. It was so nice to have time off and to hang out together. I have definitely fallen more in love with my husband and it feels great. Yes, we would like jobs. Yes, we would like a place of our own. But there is no one I would rather go on this journey with than him.

Since the move, we have both applied for jobs. Eric has had an interview and should hear back from them around Monday. I unfortunately had an interview that got canceled the night before because an internal candidate stepped forward. I am trying to stay positive during this whole process but it is so discouraging. Since I have not found a job yet, I decided that I wanted to volunteer coach a softball team. Last week, I helped with tryouts and loved it. I am looking forward to start this new chapter of my life.

Harper Update:

Harper is growing like a weed. I can’t believe how big she has gotten and how smart she is. She is SO smart, smarter than her mommy, that's for sure. She just started to walk last week. I am so proud of her. It seemed like it took her forever to get to this point. She is walking and falling everywhere. It is so cute to watch and she is so proud of herself. I love this little girl more than anything. She also got 4 more teeth last week so that takes her total up to 8. She bites and chews everything...I mean everything. She also likes to pull hair. She is a lot meaner towards me than she is her daddy. When she bites me hard or pulls my hair, I give her a mommy timeout (A mommy timeout is when I put her down and won’t pick her back up). She is not a big fan of those. Hopefully she will start to learn her lesson.



I think that is all for my first blog. I hope you enjoyed the update and feel informed about what is going on in the Linnell household. Feel free to pray for us. Pray that we find jobs and a place to live. But ultimately pray that we are seeking God’s will and listening to the plan he has for us. We have some tough decisions ahead of us so prayers would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a crazy summer girl! Loved the videos, she is so stinkin cute :)

    ReplyDelete